Ryuuguu Komachi (竜宮小町 Ryuuguu Komachi?, lit."Beauty and the Dragon King's Palace") is made up of Iori Minase, Azusa Miura, and Ami Futami, with Ritsuko Akizuki as their producer.
This unit shows up in THE iDOLM@STER 2, rendering the four girls unselectable for units prior to certain events. This caused an uproar in the franchise, as many supporters of the series were angry that four characters they followed for over five years from the original arcade game could be removed so easily. This decision also severely limited the possible units people wanted to produce, including long time favorites since the arcade series, such as ACM and HYR. More information can be found here.
However, the PS3 version attempted to remedy this by giving all four of the girls an "Extra Episode". These "mini routes" allowed the Producer to assist the quartet in facing the "Idol Ultimate". A new image song was also added into the PS3 version, Nanairo Button. Their official costumes are called "Palace of Dragon" and "Princess Melody♪". A set of accessories can also be unlocked by completing each "Extra Episode".
A group CD was released, THE IDOLM@STER 2 "SMOKY THRILL" including songs from both the idols and their producer. THE IDOLM@STER ANIM@TION MASTER Namassuka SPECIAL 02 also included original and cover songs by this trio. The members of this unit and their producer are part of THE IDOLM@STER MASTER ARTIST 2 -SECOND SEASON- series.
- THE iDOLM@STER 2 (Xbox 360) - Ryuuguu Komachi debuts as a rival unit to the other idols of 765 Production. This also renders them unplayable. However, they can be used in Quintet songs if certain events are met and can be used in Stage For You!. Their songs can also appear in the DOT TV Top 100. This unit is defeated by Jupiter during the storyline.
- THE iDOLM@STER 2 (PS3) - Ryuuguu Komachi plays the same role as they did in THE iDOLM@STER 2. This time though, they and their producer are given routes via "Extra Episodes". They are also given the opportunity to become Top Idols with the Producer's help.
- THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL - Ryuuguu Komachi does not appear as a unit, and all of the Ryuuguu Komachi idols and Ritsuko can be produced freely.
- THE iDOLM@STER (anime) - Ryuuguu Komachi is created and grows in popularity with Ritsuko as producer. It is revealed that in times of crisis, Ritsuko can take the place of an idol.
- THE iDOLM@STER 2: The world is all one!! - Ryuuguu Komachi is an established and strong unit. SprouT eagerly sets a goal to surpass them. They manage to gain enough fans to take part in the IA Awards Competition, becoming the only unit besides SprouT to do so.
- THE iDOLM@STER 2: Colorful Days - Ryuuguu Komachi is 765PRO's most popular group. However, they are struggling to reach their goals as top idols. Mami Futami subbed for Ami Futami once, although no one figured out until right before an important audition.
- THE iDOLM@STER 2: Nemuri Hime - Ryuuguu Komachi appears as a friendly unit to SLEEPING BEAUTY, and participates often in 765 PRO events.
- The reason this unit was created was because Rie Kugimiya and Chiaki Takahashi were unable to record for most of the game. In an attempt to save Iori Minase and Azusa Miura from being completely written out of the story, Ryuuguu Komachi was created. Naomi Wakabayashi and Asami Shimoda both recorded much more than the other two voice actresses, as their characters appear much more often in Story mode. Asami Shimoda also voiced an entirely separate route for Mami Futami.
- In THE IDOLM@STER, Miki Hoshii is revealed to have wanted to be part of Ryuuguu Komachi, until she had a falling out with Producer.
- According to the anime, Azusa cut her hair upon joining Ryuuguu Komachi.
- This is not the first unit Ritsuko has produced in adaptations. In THE iDOLM@STER relations manga, Ritsuko managed the unit D-Love.
- When performing in Quintets of the "Extra Episode" (Ritsuko's route only), Mami is available to dance in the fifth idol's spot.
|765 Production Units|
|876 Production Units|
|961 Production Units|
|Cinderella Girls Units|
|315 Production Units|
|825 Entertainment Units|
|Y Entertainment Units|