THE iDOLM@STER: SideM (anime)
|THE iDOLM@STER: SideM (anime)|
THE iDOLM@STER: SideM is an animated adaptation of the mobile game THE iDOLM@STER: SideM, following the stories of the male idols at 315 Production. It was initially announced at THE IDOLM@STER SideM 2nd STAGE ~ORIGIN@L STARS~ on February 12th, 2017. The anime began broadcasting on October 7th, 2017 on TOKYO MX, ABC Asahi Broadcasting, Nagoya TV, BS11, and others. It also streamed on Bandai Channel, Animate Channel, NicoNico, and others. A prologue episode featuring Jupiter aired a week before the show's premiere on September 30th.
All subbed episodes can be watched for free, legally on www.crunchyroll.com.
- Jupiter has been doing reasonably well for themselves after the trio broke off from 961 Productions, though they have to make do with volunteer crew members and a small venue. They've been hounded by producers from different studios, and have turned every single one down. Before one performance, a man representing the upstart company 315 Productions comes to talk with them. He introduces himself as Takashi Saito, then asks them to join. They decline, but Saito doesn't give up on them just yet: no matter where the group goes, Saito always finds a way there and asks them, even going as far as disguising as volunteer staff. The group eventually has a discussion about it and their growing audience at Touma's house. After another concert, the group is confronted by Saito again and he makes his offer. Saito tells them they're forgetting the most important thing about their careers during their discussion before leaving. When the boys look out their window, they see a large group of confused fans standing outside the venue, wondering if they'll get to meet Jupiter despite the earlier warnings that they should leave after the concert ends. They then realize that there was too big a crowd for everyone to hear the warning, much less enter the venue. As they consider their options, they run into Haruka Amami, whose production group is about to stage a huge concert. The group manages to get tickets and attend thanks to their conversation with her, which sparked a renewed interest in keeping their fans happy. After one last independent performance, Jupiter signs onto 315 Productions and meets their juniors, Teru Tendo, Kaoru Sakuraba, and Tsubasa Kashiwagi.
- Teru Tendo, a struggling independent lawyer, wakes up from a hangover, noticing a contract and a business card for an idol agency on the table before him. When he follows the address to understand what's going on, he learns from the secretary there that a producer scouted him and signed him onto the company. The Producer tells Teru that he was moved by Teru's ability to sort out an escalating bar fight and talk to the businessman that started it, eventually striking up a conversation with Teru afterward. He even drunkenly typed the contract before the producer left. He meets other recruits Tsubasa Kashiwagi and Kaoru Sakuraba, who are then grouped together to form a unit. Despite Kaoru's harsh criticisms, the group continues to train for their first concert, with Kaoru noticeably lagging behind. One day, Teru stumbles upon Kaoru training alone to near-exhaustion; he and Tsubasa decide to train with Kaoru together in order to stay better in sync. The group succeeds, but their trainer notes they have a long way to go. The Producer decides to show them their group name to celebrate: a banner with the name DRAMATIC STARS written on it. They agree to work together from then on. Over time, they continue to perfect their skills, meet the newly-recruited Jupiter, and soon are introduced to a multitude of people recruited over the time the two groups were trying to establish themselves.
- With the new recruits integrated into 315 Productions' repertoire, Saito decides to get promotional pictures taken of them. Their photos are haphazard and lacking in theme, much to their chagrin. The Producer asks the new groups what sort of themes they were going for in their group photos, and Touma asks the Producer to let them figure it out for themselves. Later, 315 Productions is about to put on its first concert featuring Jupiter. When a typhoon threatens the crew members' arrival, the rest of the idols pull together to work as a makeshift crew for the trio's debut. They succeed, and the concert goes on without a problem. Ken and the Producer look back on the event with a smile as they admire the groups' retaken photos, now fully showing the themes they wanted to bring out.
- Reason!! (Opening theme, Episode 2-Present) (sung by: )
- Alice or Guilty (insert) (sung by: Jupiter)
- Koi o Hajimeyou (cameo) (sung by: Jupiter)
- BRAND NEW FIELD (insert) (sung by: Jupiter)
- Beyond The Dream (ending) (sung by: )
- Original Work: Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Director: Takahiro Harada (原田孝宏) and Miyuki Kuroki (黒木美幸)
- Series Structure: Yuniko Ayana (綾奈ゆにこ) and Yukie Sugawara (菅原雪絵)
- Character Design: Yuusuke Tanaka (田中裕介) and Haruko Iizuka (飯塚晴子)
- Chief Animation Director: Yuusuke Tanaka (田中裕介) and Maho Yoshikawa (吉川真帆)
- Color Design: Asuka Yokota (横田明日香)
- Art Design: Kazushi Fujii (藤井一志)
- Art Director: Hisayo Usui (薄井久代)
- 3D Director: Akira Fukuda (福田 陽)
- Cinematographer: Yukiko Nagase (長瀬由起子)
- Editing: Akinori Mishima (三嶋章紀)
- Music: EFFY
- Sound Director: Takatoshi Hamano (濱野髙年)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures
- DRAMATIC STARS: Teru Tendo (CV: Shuugo Nakamura), Kaoru Sakuraba (CV: Yuuma Uchida), and Tsubasa Kashiwagi (CV: Taku Yashiro)
- Beit: Kyoji Takajo (CV: Yuichiro Umehara), Pierre (CV: Shun Horie), and Minori Watanabe (CV: Tomohito Takatsuka)
- S.E.M: Michio Hazama (CV: Kento Itou), Rui Maita (CV: Junya Enoki), and Jiro Yamashita (CV: Yoshiki Nakajima)
- High×Joker: Shiki Iseya (CV: Shou Nogami), Hayato Akiyama (CV: Shouya Chiba), Haruna Wakazato (CV: Yuusuke Shirai), Jun Fuyumi (CV: Takuma Nagatsuka), and Natsuki Sakaki (CV: Hiroshi Watanabe)
- W: Kyosuke Aoi (CV: Yoshitaka Yamaya) and Yusuke Aoi (CV: Takeru Kikuchi)
- Jupiter: Touma Amagase (CV: Takuma Terashima), Hokuto Ijuuin (CV: Daichi Kanbara), and Shouta Mitarai (CV: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka)
- Others: Takashi Saito (CV: Fumihiko Tashiki), Ken Yamamura (CV: Kengo Kawanishi), Producer (CV: Kaito Ishikawa)
Key art for Beit
Key art for S.E.M
Key art for High×Joker
Key art for W
Key art for DRAMATIC STARS
Key art for Jupiter