THE iDOLM@STER 2nd Vision
THE iDOLM@STER 2nd Vision is a subseries of THE iDOLM@STER games. As a new and separate continuity, the 2nd Vision bumped the cast of 11 playable idols up to 16. Hibiki Ganaha, Takane Shijou, Ai Hidaka, Eri Mizutani and Ryo Akizuki were introduced, as well as the boyband Jupiter. The following games are considered part of this series:
- THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars (Nintendo DS)
- THE iDOLM@STER 2 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)
- THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls (Mobage)
- THE iDOLM@STER Mobile i (iOS Devices)
- THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA (PlayStation Portable and iOS Devices)
- THE iDOLM@STER: Million Live! (GREE)
- iM@S CHANNEL (PlayStation 3)
- THE iDOLM@STER: SideM (Mobage)
- THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars (PlayStation 4)
The first addition to this series was THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars, which introduced the format of playing the role of an idol rather than a producer. THE iDOLM@STER 2 reintroduced the traditional idol produce system. These two games were followed by the snapshooter game THE iDOLM@STER: Gravure For You!. Later, the cellphone game, THE iDOLM@STER Mobile i was added to the franchise, making good use of the phone's capabilities. THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA, a rhythm game using footage from both the anime and THE iDOLM@STER 2, was eventually released.
After these games, iM@S CHANNEL was developed as a "hub" for iDOLM@STER games on the PS3. SHINY FESTA (now renamed Shiny TV) and Gravure For You! were re-released onto this platform. Two new games, ONE FOR ALL and an unreleased game have been added to this series.
In addition to these games, a series of spin off "mobile games" were released. Cinderella Girls, Million Live!, and SideM notably use characters and designs directly from this series while introducing a massive cast of over 250 collective idols (both male and female).