|THE iDOLM@STER Second Vision Data|
Ritsuko Akizuki (秋月律子 Akizuki Ritsuko) is one of the original idols from 765 Production, initially appearing in the arcade version of the game THE iDOLM@STER. She is available in all the 765PRO console games, and THE iDOLM@STER Million Live!: Theater Days. She is voiced by Naomi Wakabayashi (若林直美 Wakabayashi Naomi).
- 1 Statistics and Biographies
- 2 Biographies
- 3 Personality
- 4 Game Discography
- 5 Other Media Discography
- 5.1 THE iDOLM@STER (Novels)
- 5.2 THE iDOLM@STER: Live for You! (OVA)
- 5.3 THE iDOLM@STER relations
- 5.4 THE IDOLM@STER Break!
- 5.5 Puchimasu!
- 5.6 THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars manga
- 5.7 THE iDOLM@STER (anime)
- 5.8 THE iDOLM@STER 2: The world is all one!!
- 5.9 THE iDOLM@STER 2: Nemuri Hime
- 5.10 THE iDOLM@STER 2: Colorful Days
- 5.11 THE IDOLM@STER (Mana)
- 6 Song Discography
- 7 Character Gallery
- 8 References
Statistics and Biographies
THE iDOLM@STER Character resumé
To all staff and members reading this resumé: To be a successful idol, what do you think it takes? Looks? Your skill in singing? Yes, those traits are indeed very important to be an idol, but I believe Knowledge is important as well. Yes, Knowledge. Working together, I'd like to see what kind of Knowledge you have.
THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA Idol Profile
Producer and part-time Idol!
"Ahhh, what am I doing here... w-well, I can't do anything about it now... Alright! When I'm on stage, you're my producer, so support me well. ... Umm, I really mean that. OK?"
Cool and smart, Ritsuko Akizuki worked at the 765 Production office as an intern after having graduating from high school, but after hearing that the agency is low on budget and has too few idols, she decided to debut herself.
Loving to work and managing things, she is the perfect type of business woman. Always keeping herself busy, even on her days off she finds something to do at the 765 offices, such as paperwork. On rare occasions, she will even act as a producer herself. Not really looking anything like idol material, and even admitting this herself, she still works very hard as an idol. Her future dream is to become a manager of a business corporation one day.
Ritsuko also has a serious side to her, and if she feels that anyone is slowing her down in her work, she will scold them or brush them aside, occasionally correcting even the producer if he isn't doing his job right.
Ritsuko's family consists of herself, her mother, and her father. Her parents share the same trait as Ritsuko: being business-like and hardworking. They own a shop in the city.
Ritsuko has shoulder-length brown hair, which she always keeps in two braids. She wears a white shirt with blue stripes and a dark green skirt with a light brown belt. Her alternative outfit is a plaid dark green jumper with a blue shirt under it and black trousers.
In THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars, Ritsuko is Ryo Akizuki's cousin, and the one who helps him enter the idols' world. She also introduces Ryo to Makoto Kikuchi, who would become help him reach his goals. She can also train the 876 PRO idols the choreography panels for "Mahou o Kakete!".
Before the events of THE iDOLM@STER 2, Ritsuko was an idol and the personnel shortage in the agency forced her to be a clerk as well. She quit being an idol because she was aiming to be a producer in the first place, and saw her job as an idol as a stepping stone. At this point, she became the official producer of the 765 Production unit, Ryuuguu Komachi. While having this job, she denies ever wanting to be an idol and constantly says that she wasn't suited for the job. However, she often slips up and admits that she misses being an idol, particularly when she goes onstage with other idols or dances when egged on.
Ritsuko has a playable route in the PS3 release of the game, where the Producer helps her manage Ryuuguu Komachi and makes a stage appearance with the help of Mami Futami. Ritsuko now wears her hair in a spiky high-bun and her outfit is a business suit with a green shirt, more fitting with her new position as Producer.
Other Media Discography
In Melody of Serenity, Ritsuko appears as a member of the unit Proro along with Yukiho and Haruka. She becomes a line of communication for feelings with Chihaya's producer and defuses their initial dislike for each other. Ritsuko and Haruka also team up together to stop Yukiho's antics of digging holes and even manage to take her shovel from her. The trio constantly supports Chihaya through out the novel and help her make a successful idol debut.
Ritsuko then stars in Heart-throbbing Summer Days, as the novel explains how she became part of the unit Proro. After failing to become a manager, she joins 765 Prodution as an intern. She tries to produce Haruka, but winds up being forced into becoming an idol herself. Ritsuko, Haruka and Yukiho are then made to train several days at a boardinghouse as rivals. They each learn a debut song and learn about the harshness of dance lessons and cooking. When the girls finally debut, they realize their debut songs all are simply different harmonies of the same song. The girls debut as Proro and are amazed that all three of them became great idols.
Ritsuko appears along with the other 765 Production idols leaving the office after preparing for a fan appreciation event. She is later seen in the dressing room of the event informing Haruka, Chihaya and Miki (who were lost on the other side of Japan) about the Producer searching for them. She explains the girls can make it to the concert if they make it to the bullet train station. After Iori picks the trio up in a helicopter, Ritsuko is seen with the other 765 idols as they go to the event.
Ritsuko becomes D-Love's producer after Miki's producer disbanded the unit Namco Angel. She also steps in as Melt 'Chu Up!'s manager. The unit Devil Angel cheats their way into forcing both of Ritsuko's units to lose to Tougouji Production. Because of trouble promoting her units caused by the agency, the Producer decides to disband all of the 765 units and put all of the idols into an ALLSTARS unit. Ritsuko is shown performing relations alongside the other 765 Production idols and with THE iDOL@STER GRAND PRIX.
Ritsuko isn't seen in the manga until the third volume when she moves into the 765 dorm, as well as Makoto, Ami, Mami and Azusa. She joins 765 Production and helps both manage and promote the idols of the agency while becoming one herself. She literally solves most the problems in the agency single handedly and ends 961 Production's take over of Miki Hoshii. She is seen proving to be a good dancer, great at quiz show appearances, and even explaining business to her "producer", Yuutarou.
The mangaka himself wrote that Ritsuko wasn't in the first volumes simply because she would have easily solved all of the problems that Yuutarou Takagi was faced with.
Trivia and Fan Culture
- No matter the costume or event in the game, Ritsuko never takes her glasses off or lets her hair down. The only occasion she lets her hair down is when using the pajama costume in Live For You!. A "glasses" accessory will remove her original glasses in THE iDOLM@STER SP, but in every other game, the accessory will go on her head instead of her face.
- Ritsuko is known by her schoolmates to have outstanding leadership skills. In fact in THE iDOLM@STER Drama CD Scene.05 EXTRA STAGE 1, she was appointed to be a lieutenant of a police force for a day.
- Ritsuko has some skills in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), which is noted in THE iDOLM@STER Drama CD Scene.01 ～Yukiho Hagiwara & Makoto Kikuchi Compilation～ when a couple of gang members try to kidnap Yukiho Hagiwara until Ritsuko comes in and beats them up.
- Ritsuko has a running gag in many iDOLM@STER mangas. She will appear with her hair down for various reasons, but no one in the cast will be able recognize her. It usually ends with her getting frustrated that people like her better without braids or glasses.
- Ritsuko has had the most hairstyle changes than any other character in the series.
- When Naomi Wakabayashi performs Ippai Ippai at iDOLM@STER events, it is common for fans to chant the lyrics of the chorus accordingly.
- While it wasn't intended, Ritsuko's casual wear looks extremely similar to that of LAWSON employees' uniforms. This lead to Namco Bandai using her as the representative for all THE iDOLM@STER related LAWSON merchandise. Ritsuko was also honored by becoming an official honorary store manager.
Ritsuko's official arcade profile.
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER SP
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER 2
Ritsuko's profile for the release of THE iDOLM@STER 2
Ritsuko's profile for THE iDOLM@STER 2's website
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA
Ritsuko's casual clothing in THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL
Ritsuko's stage costume in THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL
Ritsuko's profile for THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars's website
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER Neue Green
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER Innocent Blue
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER 2: Colorful Days
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER 2: Nemuri Hime
Ritsuko in THE iDOLM@STER 2: The world is all one!!
Ritsuko in THE IDOLM@STER (Mana)