|iM@S CG Character Data|
Ryo Matsunaga (松永涼 Matsunaga Ryo) is one of the characters available in THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage. She first appeared on November 28, 2011 as one of the first idols in the game. She is voiced by Haruka Chisuga (千菅春香 Chisuga Haruka).
- 1 Statistics
- 2 Biographies
- 3 Character Description
- 4 Game Discography
- 5 Song Discography
- 6 Trivia and Fan Culture
- 7 Units
- 8 Character Gallery
- 9 Cards
|Event||Prelim Rank||Final Rank|
|1st Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|2nd Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|3rd Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|Voice Idol Audition||Unranked||Unranked|
|4th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|5th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|6th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|7th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|8th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|9th Anniversary Election||Not applicable||Unranked|
"An idol... I'm already a vocalist in a band, y'know. Well, there's no way you'd know that... For someone like me to become an idol... Are you for real? I can sense your enthusiasm, though, so I guess I'll listen to what you're saying."
Hailing from Tokyo, Ryo is a cool and laid back girl who formerly performed as a rock band vocalist. In both games, she is scouted by the Producer after one of her band’s performances at a live house. It wasn’t quite a success, and the band itself wasn’t very popular, but she still wanted to perform with them. In Cinderella Girls, she is initially skeptical of the Producer's proposal, but finally decides to hear him out due to feeling his enthusiasm, whereas she accepts to become an idol in In Starlight Stage after being encouraged by her fellow band members to pursue her dream of singing on a wider stage a few days after the proposal.
She originally thought idols were just jokes, something that shouldn’t be taken seriously; performers simply dancing in cute costumes. However, she came to realize it was an intense and difficult job after going through different lessons and gigs. Thus, she decided this will be the turning point for her and she’ll do her best not to disrespect other idols but also her band.
In Cinderella Girls, she’s initially quite distant. She only sees her relationship with the Producer as a professional one and doesn’t really want to stick around if there’s no jobs or anything to be done, basically being cold and harsh. She slowly opens up as she wonders what the producer saw in her to scout her as an idol. Ultimately, they become friends and Ryo comments that it is okay to rely on her too, as it’s what the Producer has been doing since he scouted her. Since then, she often invites him to a drink after work.
Surprisingly enough, Ryo used to be a prim-and-proper princess type with an interest only in classical music. She often describes this time of her life as "stiff" or "restricted", as she was unable to express herself and joined a band to break free from that image. Her knowledge of jazz music might also come from this period of her life. She sees this past version of herself as a weak girl who couldn’t take any step forward because of being scared, as she explains in a corner of her Mezase! Cinderella Number 1 Drama Track.
In many Cinderella Girls Theater skits and media in general, Ryo shows a motherly side, caring for the younger girls like Chie and Koume. Her company often gets her into trouble, but she admits that she enjoys their antics as long as they end peacefully. Also driven, she will often put a lives importance ahead of her own health and is willing to dash over a mile on foot to get there on time. Ryo even sincerely enjoys the stamina drinks the Producer gives her during training.
Ryo currently has 16 sets of cards in the game: 8 Rare card sets and 8 S Rare card sets.
Ryo appears in the Events listed below.
Ryo appears as a guest in the Story Commus for Rockin' Emotion (23rd Story Commu), Chiisana Koi no Misshitsu Jiken (34th Story Commu) and Arakane no Utsuwa (61th Story Commu). She currently has 6 sets of cards in Starlight Stage: a Rare card set, four S Rare card sets and a SSR card set. She currently has four Memorial Commus that can be unlocked by raising her fan count.
Ryo appears in the Events listed below.
|Junjou Midnight Densetsu||Live Groove Vocal burst||5/31/2016 - 6/7/2016||Not a card. Appears in event song and story.|
|Jet to the Future||Token||10/20/2016 - 10/27/2016||Appears in event story.|
|Nocturne||Token||4/19/2017 - 4/26/2017|
|Kimi no Soba de Zutto||Live Parade||9/30/2017 - 10/09/2017||Appears in event story.|
|Halloween♥Code||Token||10/20/2017 - 10/27/2017||Appears in event story.|
|Undead Dance Rock||Token||10/19/2018 - 10/27/2018|
|Max Beat||Token||5/21/2019 - 5/28/2019||Not a card. Appears in event song and story.|
|Natsu Koi -NATSU KOI-||Live Groove Vocal burst||8/1/2019 - 8/8/2019||Not a card. Appears in event song and story.|
|Great Journey||Live Groove Visual burst||4/2/2020 - 4/9/2020||Appears in event story.|
|Joker||Live Parade||7/31/2020 - 8/7/2020|
|Recorded Solo Songs|
|Joker||Ryo Solo Ver.|
|Junjou Midnight Densetsu||Ryo Solo Ver.||THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS 5thLIVE TOUR Serendipity Parade!!! -Miyagi/Ishikawa/Osaka Venue Original CD-|
|Max Beat||Ryo Solo Ver.||THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS LITTLE STARS! Max Beat|
|NATSU KOI||Ryo Solo Ver.||THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS 6thLIVE MERRY-GO-ROUNDOME!!! MASTER SEASONS SUMMER! SOLO REMIX|
|One Life||Image Song||THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA MASTER 047 Matsunaga Ryo|
|Tsubasa||Cover Song||THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS STARLIGHT MASTER 33 Starry-Go-Round|
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Ryo is voiced as of the nineteenth episode of the anime, first aired on August 22th, 2015, as a surprise cameo voice idol.
- Despite her fondness of horror movies and the feeling of shivers they procure, she can be frightened by actual paranormal phenomenons, such as Koume’s ghost friend or visiting typically haunted places like cemeteries during Halloween. She eventually stops being scared of the former as she befriends them in the Business Commu "Dawn of the Sea" in Starlight Stage.
- Despite her confident looks, Ryo is quite unsure about her abilities in the visual field of being an idol. This can be seen throughout the Nocturne Event Story, but also in the affection lines of her SSR, as she revealed she was told many times she probably joined a band because she knew she couldn’t deliver the visuals required to be an idol.
- She might have completely cut ties with her family due to her rebellious phase. In her Rocking Vocalist SR, she mentions how this is the first Christmas she has spent in a while with someone that isn’t her band and that she left her house after wanting to pursue a more honest image of herself in the Joker Event Story.
- In Magic Hour #19, she revealed she had to eat mushroom plates every time she watched movies with Syoko Hoshi & Koume Shirasaka.
- Although she left her band to debut as an idol, it still is important to her and keeps contact with her former mates: she has mentioned many times inviting them to her lives.
- She knows how to compose songs and has expressed the desire to one day sing her self-composed songs to her fans. She was finally able to achieve this goal with her image song, One Life.
- Aside from classical and jazz music, she also used to be fond of church songs during her childhood.
- She started being interested in horror movies because of a part-time job at a live house.
- She shares earrings with Koume Shirasaka.
- Although not extremely popular, Ryo being forced to do the "Usa-chan Peace" sign or cutesy acts is a running joke among her Ps.
|Eldritch Loreteller (エルドリッチロアテラー)||Ryo Matsunaga, Koume Shirasaka|
|Idol Cinema Paradise (アイドル・シネマ・パラダイス)||Ryo Matsunaga, Koume Shirasaka, Kanade Hayami|
|Hardcore☆Heaven’s Door (ハードコア☆ヘヴンズドア)||Ryo Matsunaga, Natsuki Kimura, Syoko Hoshi|
|Loud Shout Beats (ラウドシャウトビーツ)||Ryo Matsunaga, Saki Yoshioka, Ema Senzaki|
|Comet Over Rev (コメット・オーヴァーレヴ)||Ryo Matsunaga, Ema Senzaki|
|Enjin (炎陣)||Ryo Matsunaga, Natsuki Kimura, Aki Yamato, Rina Fujimoto, Takumi Mukai|
|Marine Goddess (マリンゴッデス)||Ryo Matsunaga, Tokiko Zaizen|
|evergreen-festa||Ryo Matsunaga, Chieri Ogata, Fumika Sagisawa, Satomi Sakakibara, Saki Yoshioka|
|Sound Witches (サウンドウィッチーズ)||Ryo Matsunaga, Mayu Sakuma, Otoha Umeki|
|D.L.F Ryo & Chiaki (D.L.F 涼&千秋)||Ryo Matsunaga, Chiaki Kurokawa|
|On Stage Goddess (オンステージゴッデス)||Ryo Matsunaga, Kiyora Yanagi|
|Colorful Assort (カラフルアソート)||Ryo Matsunaga, Hasumi Nagatomi, Mary Cochran|
|South Wind Dancers (サウスウィンド・ダンサーズ)||Ryo Matsunaga, Ayame Hamaguchi, Toko Hattori, Kai Nishijima, Marina Sawada|
|Masterpiece (マスターピース)||Ryo Matsunaga, Minami Nitta, Kaede Takagaki|
|Mouton Blanc (ムートン・ブラン)||Ryo Matsunaga, Itsuki Manabe, Chiyo Shirayuki|
|Burning Impulse (バーニング・インパルス)||Ryo Matsunaga, Natsuki Kimura, Takumi Mukai|
|Shout me & you||Ryo Matsunaga, Rina Fujimoto, Karen Hojo, Izumi Ohishi, Atsumi Munakata|
|Ember Last||Ryo Matsunaga, Aki Yamato, Yuki Himekawa, Miku Maekawa, Yuka Nakano|
|Rain Flower’s Umbrella (雨花の傘人)||Ryo Matsunaga, Noa Takamine, Sae Kobayakawa, Kumiko Matsuyama, Mai Fukuyama|
|Animated Loading Characters|