|General character data|
Touma Amagase (天ヶ瀬冬馬 Amagase Touma) is the leader of the 961 Production male idol group called Jupiter, along with Shouta Mitarai and Hokuto Ijuuin. He is voiced by Takuma Terashima (寺島拓篤 Terashima Takuma).
Touma Amagase, age 17. Grumpy, serious and over competitive.
As a rival from 961 Production, he would do anything in his strength to get the IA Awards. He does not like it when people get in his way or when he has to face weak opponents. As a solo idol, he is rather strong. As he defeated Ritsuko Akizuki's idol unit, "Ryuuguu Komachi" single-handedly and being able to gather a large audience, even though one of his speakers broke down when exposed to rain after the start of his performance.
He would insult the idols from 765 Production, calling them "weak" and "low-leveled". He even thinks they are playing childish "pretend" games with each other.
"My goal is to be top idol, nothing more. I get things done, and I'm not ever losing to those idols who just talk and play all day. I'll show you my performance!"
- According to iDOLM@STER STATION!!! 第60回 - ジュピター小芝居その1 (冬馬編) (Jupiter Small Drama 1 (Touma chapter)), he likes cream soda.
- According from what Shouta said, he and Shouta made a bet, if they pass the audition, Touma would tie a ribbon on his head. But, he avoids Shouta after the audition.
- Without a doubt, Touma is in fact afraid of Takane Shijou. It's not because he is a year younger than her, it's because of the mysterious vibe around her that makes him afraid.
- According from what Touma said himself, he had arguments with the other members of Jupiter, meaning that Jupiter isn't a cooperative trio group.
- It is possible that Touma's character is similar to Hibiki Ganaha as they both are very gullible and takes rivalry very seriously.
- Rumors has it that Touma's name is similar to Haruka Amami.
- When wanting to talk to the 765Pro girls individually, Touma calls them by their first name.
- Even though Touma talks to his rivals in a rude matter, when in front of the staff, he is quite polite.
- It may not look like it but Touma is quite a tsundere. As he would get flustered and tries to cover it up whenever this shows through.
- Fans like to call him "Onigashima Rasetsu" (鬼ヶ島羅刹).
- Of the three members of Jupiter, Touma is the only one who doesn't know the main reason why President Kuroi hated Takagi and 765 Production so much. (That was because when he asked Kuroi himself, Kuroi told him a lie.)
- In the game, Touma calls Kuroi, "Kuroi sha-chou" or "Sha-chou". However, in the anime, he calls him "Old man".
- Out of the 3 members of Jupiter, Touma is the only one who has a casual outfit.
Touma's Redemption (SPOILER)
If you finish the game having won all six awards, then you will unlock the game's True Ending. In one scene therein, Ritsuko Akizuki and the members of Ryuuguu Komachi decide to escort the Producer to the airport in a jumbo taxi, but due to Azusa's directions and some engine trouble, the group becomes stranded near the shoreline.
Ritsuko calls another cab for the Producer, but he wants to at least push the girls' taxi to the nearest gas station so they won't remain stranded themsleves. Ritsuko decides to ask another man to help, but the only other man around is standing on the beach too far away for her to call out to him. When the Producer approaches the stranger, it turns out to be none other than Touma Amagase!
Though the Producer is reluctant to ask a former rival for help, Touma insists to help push the girls' taxi as there is no one else on the whole beach. Besides, Touma claims, it was the Producer who had first helped him. He explains that he had never thought of "Unity" as more than a meaningless concept before he and the rest of Jupiter were defeated by 765 Production. It was then that they realized that their unit was lacking something crucial, and it was for that reason that they disbanded and left 961 Production.
After hearing this, the Producer asks him what his next move is, as it would be waste of talent if he and the others ended their idol careers. Touma then blurts out that things might look brighter if the Producer became Jupiter's producer, but the Producer can't hear it (or at least pretends not to?) over the sound of the surf, and Touma doesn't dare repeat it.
It is at this point that Ritsuko and the other girls come looking for the Producer and find him chatting with Touma. Though they regard Touma with suspicion at first, they hurriedly insist that the Producer catch his taxi to the airport. The Producer thanks everyone, giving special thanks to Touma, and is off. It is assumed, though not confirmed, that the girls agree to allow Touma to push their beleaguered cab to a gas station.
Appearance in the anime
Touma first appeared in the second episode of THE iDOLM@STER (anime).
As a passerby who Haruka bumped into and scolded her for not looking where she's going.
He then reappeared with the other two members of Jupiter in the tenth episode as a special guest in "The Big Talent Agency Sports Competition".
In the second half of the show, Touma and the other members of Jupiter are recurring characters, and serve as rivals to the 765 Pro idols. As in the game, Touma is very hostile to Producer and the girls because he believes Kuroi's lies about them.