|Cinderella Girls Character Data|
Kumiko Matsuyama (松山久美子 Matsuyama Kumiko) is one of the characters available in THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage. She is part of the initial 84 idols since the series' inception on November 28, 2011. She is currently unvoiced.
- 1 Annual Rankings
- 2 Biographies
- 3 Character Description
- 4 Game Discography
- 5 Trivia and Fan Culture
- 6 Character Gallery
- 7 Cards
|Event||Prelim Rank||Final Rank|
|1st Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|2nd Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|3rd Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|Voice Idol Audition||Unranked||Unranked|
|4th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|5th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|6th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|7th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|8th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|9th Anniversary Election||Not applicable||Unranked|
"Hey... I wanna become prettier. When a woman is pretty, everyone's eyes are on her, don't you think? If I become an idol, everyone will watch me, right?"
A young adult pianist, Kumiko originally sought to be a model but failed her audition almost immediately. She was told that there were a lot of beautiful girls like her, which upset her as she considers herself unique. After seeing an audition in the idol department, she decided to become an idol, confident that she could stand out as one.
Kumiko is one of the more competitive idols in the series and always tries her best to avoid losses, even among her unit friends. She is also among several idols to earnestly have a crush towards the Producer. She becomes flustered when she thinks about him or the topic of love. Aside from playing piano, she is good at darts, but usually hides her ability due to her unflattering stance. On one occasion, she forced an elegant stance in front of the Producer, causing her concentration to suffer. She also had difficulties coming up with a cool pose during a photo shoot session with Ryo Matsunaga and Sae.
In her Mobage-only second Normal card set, she told the Producer about her desire to present the best of herself to everyone, especially her beloved ones (possibly also implying the Producer), as her mother's marriage ceremony picture, which she has always seen since her childhood, left an impression in her. Kumiko is also very aware of her own physical beauty, taking care of it as much as possible. This also extends to her unit aim in Sunset Nostalgia, when she expressed that the unit should aim to be attractive, in response to her unit partners' jocular play during an off-time break, and even has caused a concern when she considered disguising, to which fellow Kanagawa idol Hina Araki suggested that she wear a tracksuit similar to Hina's daily suit (in addition to a pair of round glasses and a hat in Hina's mind), as she considers disguising rather tricky with Kumiko's eye-catching beauty.
Kumiko is friends with Mio and Miu, under the unit Sunset Nostalgia, as well as Ayuna and Chinami, under the unit Beauty Allure. Kumiko is also occasionally depicted with Kyoko and said to have helped Itsuki during her first time wearing clothes of feminine fashion, in which the sporty idol consulted to Kumiko earlier. Kumiko and Itsuki are also part of the unit Happy Energy, in addition to Sora Nonomura.
In the tie-in Cinderella Girls Theater strips, her feel towards the Producer has been the point of certain moments, such as when she had a photo shoot session at a beach (in which a cameraman asked her to think about the person she loves the most to take her photo while she is blushing) and when she taught several children (in which a child asked about whether the Producer thinks Kumiko is beautiful, prompting her to wait for his answer with a bright face). She participated in a Dream Match event with Hajime, Kiyora, and Aoi, where she attempted to fish but was unable to handle worms. She found Aoi's look in traditional garb mature and liked the younger girl’s cooking.
Kumiko teased Chizuru Matsuo into writing embarrassing notes for her calligraphy performance and was impressed by Yuu’s chocolate statue of Akky. Kumiko is a surprisingly good ketchup artist (along with Chinami and Tomoka Wakabayashi) in contrast to Kyoko.
During an Idol Variety event, she was teamed with the comical duo Erika and Sora as well as the little artist Yume to make a human-powered airplane. At first, Kumiko was worried about the team since Erika and Sora do not seem to be knowledgable in maths and science (in comparison to Akiha), but was soon relieved by Yume's suggestion to design the airplane like a bird, so that they could "talk to the birds".
On the first Dearly Stars collaboration event in Cinderella Girls, Kumiko was involved in Ai Hidaka's loud cheering antic prior to the performance. When she, Fumika and Saori went to a library, Saori was fascinated by both Kumiko's and Fumika's calm charm as an idol, even though she is one as well. During an off-day activity with Sunset Nostalgia, Kumiko taught the importance of taking care of physical beauty, offering Mio and Miu to use her body cream while attracting the attention of Mizuki Kawashima and Shin. Nene has noted both Kumiko's and Megumi Ijuin's ability to grasp the atmosphere of the Battle Talk during their member meeting. When Kumiko tried to analyze an alleged ghost call directed at Akari by Koume, she found out that Koume, under the Producer's help, recorded Akari's sounds during a training day for the call itself. The training itself shows involved Akari pulling a tyre tied up to her waist.
In the Starlight Stage-only Cinderella Girls Theater Wide strip, fellow Kanagawa idol Takumi found Kumiko's off-day dress (which is depicted in her unawakened SS Rare card) weird, saying that such "fluffy" dresses stress her out and she usually rides her own bike to her hometown during off-days to eliminate the stress. Kumiko explained her off-day activity of teaching piano to children, while also inviting Takumi to come to her home to try learning piano, much to Takumi's surprise.
09/11/2020 - 09/18/2020
Trivia and Fan Culture
- In Starlight Stage, her image stats are relatively balanced, with a tiny lead in Dance.
- Kumiko shares the same birthday with Takane Shijou (as well as her own seiyuu Yumi Hara) and Mai Fukuyama.
- Kumiko's haircut resembles Iori Minase's Second Vision design.
- Kumiko likes to collect aroma oils from different countries.
- Once in a month, Kumiko stays inside her house without meeting anyone else.
- Kumiko is the only classical-themed Passion idol. All other Cinderella Girls idols who share the same forte are either Cute (Seika Suzumiya, Yukari Mizumoto, Kotoka Saionji, and Clarice) or Cool (Honoka Ayase, Hijiri Mochizuki, Otoha Umeki, and Honami Nishikawa).
- Even though Kumiko is interested in nail art, she often hesitates doing it since her nails are usually cut for playing piano. Some of her lines reference this interest with the word "fingertips" (指先 yubisaki).
- Kumiko's personal aim for beauty is emphasized by her pronunciation of the word "beautiful" (キレイ kirei), which is usually written in katakana.
- Kumiko is nicknamed Kumichii by Mio.
- Kumiko is the only Sunset Nostalgia member to not hail from Chiba.
- Kumiko is the only Beauty Allure member whose name is not an allusion to a preexisting real-life idol.
- Kumiko's mother is a piano teacher, and Kumiko occasionally goes home during her off-days to help her mother teach piano to children.
- Ryo Matsunaga's voice actress is a producer of Kumiko. Their birthdays are also only 2 days apart.
- Coincidentally, Ryo used to be a classical music fan (and still retains a taste towards it) before starting her career as a rock band guitarist.
- Following the release of her second SS Rare on her birthday in 2021, Kumiko currently holds the highest number of Starlight Stage cards (8, including a Normal card, 5 S Rare and 2 SS Rare cards) for an unvoiced idol.
- Although not as prevalent as Tomoka Wakabayashi, Kumiko's armpits are often considered one of her main charming points, even by Chisuga herself (as stated on a Cinderella Radio show on September 5, 2016).
- On April 28, 2014, Nao Kamiya's voice actress tweeted a "family members" list based on Cinderella Girls, mentioning Kumiko as her "wife". 
|Animated Loading Characters|
|Cinderella Post Images|
|Starlight Stage Models|
|[Elegante On The Stage] SSR||[Swinging Night] SSR|