|iM@S CG Character Data|
|Event||Prelim Rank||Final Rank|
|1st Anniversary Election||Not a candidate||Not a candidate|
|2nd Anniversary Election||Not a candidate||Not a candidate|
|3rd Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|Voice Idol Audition||Unranked||Unranked|
|4th Anniversary Election||Unranked||Unranked|
|5th Anniversary Election||Unranked||50|
|6th Anniversary Election||Unranked||31|
|7th Anniversary Election||Unranked||42|
"Me becoming an idol is truly an absurd idea. It lacks any reason. Don't you think so? ...Perhaps your lack of understanding that is why you called out to me. Or, rather... Perhaps you actually understand more than I do? It can't be helped, then."
Makino is an observant and mysterious woman who always seems to know more than she lets on. While she appears to be a genuine spy, it’s unknown who she works for or why she became an idol. She's prone to saying, "according to my research." Adding to the mystery, a rumor in Starlight Stage alleges that she's erased all her personal data.
After collecting secret data about the other idols from 346 Production's office network, she discovers a personnel file specifically about her in the system. Players are never shown what's in the file, but reading it makes Makino go into shock after losing faith in her own espionage abilities. She mutters about begging the Producer to reveal who the mysterious counterintelligence agent is. It's assumed to most likely be Chihiro Senkawa. Interestingly, the room she’s depicted as having hacked into contains several items and accessories from other idols’ cards, and the information she has discovered contains images of units and individual idols’ information (even Anzu Futaba's measurements, which are not revealed in-game).
In the tie in Cinderella Girls Theater skits, Makino is introduced by Hasumi Nagatomi. Her idol persona is clearly very intelligent, but she can be easily manipulated in a team effort. She takes note of when other idols change their image, and can be seen collecting data on her friends. Makino does much research over her roles, and isn’t afraid of asking for help when she needs it. She tries to recruit Tsubaki Egami for her purposes of corporate espionage. She also played the role of a zombie student along with Saori Okuyama in a movie starring Koume Shirasaka.
Trivia and Fan Culture
- In Starlight Stage, her image stat specialty is Dance.
- Several theories have been devised as to who Makino is working for and what she is using the hacked information for. They include the following:
- Makino is a secret agent and using her idol career as a cover identity.
- Another fan theory proposes Makino works for a rival talent agency (specifically 961 Production) and is conducting corporate espionage on the Cinderella Girls agency. This idea seems to be supported by the illustration on her S Rare card, as she is shown to be collecting data on many of her fellow idols.
- Makino may just like to pretend she's a spy, and the fan theories are just paranoia.
- Units that appear in the computer in Makino's first SR are as follows;
|Animated Loading Characters|