|iM@S CG Character Data|
Ranko Kanzaki (神崎蘭子 Kanzaki Ranko) is one of the characters available in THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls and THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage. She is voiced by Maaya Uchida (内田真礼 Uchida Maaya).
- 1 Statistics
- 2 Biographies
- 3 Character Description
- 4 Game Discography
- 5 Song Discography
- 6 Trivia and Fan Culture
- 7 Character Gallery
- 8 Cards
|Event||Prelim Rank||Final Rank|
|1st Anniversary Election||2||2|
|2nd Anniversary Election||6||1|
|3rd Anniversary Election||15||14|
|Voice Idol Audition||Not a candidate||Not a candidate|
|4th Anniversary Election||Unranked||13|
|5th Anniversary Election||Unranked||30|
|6th Anniversary Election||Unranked||42|
|7th Anniversary Election||Unranked||11|
|8th Anniversary Election||Unranked||32|
|9th Anniversary Election||Not applicable||21|
THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Self Introduction
Kukuku, it seems you are able to see my power, you might possess the ability of ‘the eye’… I advise you to be careful, however, my power could make you burn. Fufu, fufufufufu (Translation: Thank you for producing me, I’ll do my best!!)
THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA Profile Quote
Kukuku... get ready for the beginning of a legend!
THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Anime Idol Profile
In accordance with our blood contract, let our soul resonate…!
Ranko is a girl with scarlet eyes who dresses in Gothic Lolita outfits. Though her 8th Grader Syndrome Identity can lead to misunderstandings choice of words, beneath the surface, she is an honest and obedient hard worker. Ranko is a larger-than-life girl, though she does have a hidden shy side to her.
Ranko is a young girl who dresses in gothic lolita style almost exclusively. Possessing a wild imagination, she claims to be a vampiric fallen angel with magical powers, and supremacy over the "darkness." Although she communicates in fantastical terms, her lines are always accompanied by a sort of mental translation to reveal what she really means. Behind her fantastical persona, Ranko is just a normal, even shy girl using her persona to hide her insecurities.
Because of her low self-esteem, she hopes to forever bury her true personality. The Producer is aware of this and tries to prevent Ranko from completely erasing everything that she once was. While Ranko likes the gothic aesthetic, she makes it a point to explain she doesn't like horror elements and is easily frightened by horror movies, to the point of her breaking down and crying. Despite this, Ranko is good friends with horror enthusiast Koume.
Having a talent for drawing, Ranko has a sketchbook that acts as her secret diary, where she illustrates all her ideas and innermost thoughts. While having obvious talent, she believes herself to be a terrible artist and quickly gets embarrassed if someone sees her sketchbook. Despite guarding her sketchbook, if feeling confident, she'll let the Producer look at her sketchbook, but only if it doesn't disclose private information.
Due to her chuunibyou tendencies, many of the other idols don't understand her, making her way of speech confusing to them. For example, she might exclaim, "savor the darkness," which is her way of saying, "good work". Cursing the "tyranny of the sun" is her way of saying, "good morning". Her most famous saying and catchphrase is "Drown in the Darkness!". While she talks of demon worship, corrupting angels, and the supremacy of darkness, Ranko is as innocent as anyone else her age. She is friends and gets along well with Asuka, who has a chuunibyou personality herself. Despite many idols struggling to understand her, Miria, is surprisingly one of them.
Ranko appears in the Events listed below.
|Idol Produce: the 2nd Anniversary||11/28/2013 - 12/09/2013|
|20th PuchiDerella Collection||08/17/2018 - 08/21/2018|
Ranko appears in the Events listed below.
Ranko Kanzaki appears as a rival in the STAR OF FESTA mode for Honey Sound, Groovy Tune, and Funky Note. She is a S rank rival who can give her Name Card to the player while in the HARD or EXPERT difficulty. Obtaining her Name Card adds 60 points to the player's score after their performance.
Ranko is available as a guest idol in the first catalog of downloadable content. She available to perform her image song, Tsubomi Yumemiru Rapsodia ～Alma no Michibiki～, in Stage For You! mode. She also is available to be faced in a DLC festival where she uses her special skill.
Ranko is available to have her photo taken with other idols from 346 Production.
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Ranko is voiced as of August 8th, 2012 through THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA MASTER 006 Kanzaki Ranko.
- Her first set of cards were defensive in nature, but ever since becoming a fan favorite, the vast majority of her new cards are pure offense.
- Ranko is the first character in either the Million Live! or Cinderella Girls subseries to receive a 3D model in one of the main games.
- When faced as a rival in ONE FOR ALL, her image stat specialty is revealed to be Visual. However, in Starlight Stage, her SSR card has a strong Vocal slant.
- According to the drama track in THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS ANIMATION PROJECT 03, Koume Shirasaka can also understand her reasonably well.
- In the anime, she is shown living in a dorm with Anastasia, Koume Shirasaka, and Syoko Hoshi.
- She shares the same birthday with Momoka Sakurai and Aya Kirino.
- Ranko was voted the most popular Cinderella Girls character and given the Cinderella Girl title in the 2nd Cinderella Girls Election.
- Outside of the Cinderella Girls series, she is sometimes depicted in fanwork with Asselin BB II due to their chuunibyou personality, Takane Shijou due to their quirky personalities and similar hair colors, and Kaoru Sakuraba due to their seiyuu's being siblings.
- Outside of the franchise, she is also often compared to Yoshiko Tsushima from Love Live! Sunshine!!, due to their chuunibyou personality.
|Animated Loading Characters|
|Starlight Stage Models|
|Granblue Fantasy Collaboration|
Starlight Stage's 3rd anniversary countdown art.
Ranko in the anime.
Ranko in SHINY FESTA.
Ranko in ONE FOR ALL.
Uzuki in G4U! Vol. 1.
Uzuki in G4U! Vol. 6.