|SideM Character Data|
- 1 Biographies
- 2 Character Description and Personality
- 3 Game Discography
- 4 Song Discography
- 5 Trivia and Fan Culture
- 6 Character Gallery
-The former musician, a young lad emerging from a world of solitude!-
"I won't run away anymore. That's what I've decided."
SideM Idol File
Reasons for Becoming an Idol: So I can deliver heartfelt music to those who need it.
Personal Motto: Trust... Because it’s something I need.
Comments for the Future: Everybody goes through heartbreaks.I aspire to play music that people can turn to in those times of need. Alas, I am yet immature, but from now on, as always, I ask for your care and guidance.
Comments about Unit Members: Tsuzuki-san... has the makings a musical genius... and... that’s about it? Nothing else comes to mind. What do I think of his personality...? Ah... Ahem. I implore him to please act more seriously.
GROWING STARS Biography
-From violinist to idol!-
"I'll dedicate my sublime music to my muse!"
THE iDOLM@STER POPLINKS Profile Quote
"I'm Rei Kagura. My specialties are playing the violin and singing. As for this project, I'm listening."
Character Description and Personality
Rei is the young but responsible violinist of Altessimo. What he loved more than anything was to share his music, but he lost his passion to play to money mongers. The producer approached him, complimenting Rei on his talent and offering him a position at 315 Productions. Of course, Rei was skeptical at first, his unit member Kei Tsuzuki's off personality adding to his initial distrust.
However, over time he began to enjoy his job more. During the practice of a children’s music program, he noticed a boy unable to sing. While the children took a break, Rei offered to sing along with the kid, making the kid very happy. Seeing the kid now smiling and able to sing with the rest, Rei thought to himself how glad he was that he became an idol.
Because Kei tends to zone out and wander off on his own, it is up to Rei to look after him. Still, Rei does not see Kei as a liability, and he highly appreciates Kei’s support and respects his talent. Rei believes that alongside him that he can keep going as an idol.
Rei is socially awkward, not having had many friends in the past. He argues he does not know how to talk with people his age or even just what to talk about. Shiki Iseya helped Rei open up in this respect when Shiki approached him after a joint live. The two went to a cafe to listen to classical music and chat.
Much like Jiro Yamashita, Rei also has an intense love for horses. He is also easily flustered, having been caught acting out of character to discovering some of his idol outfits were very feminine. He owns a golden retriever, favoring them for their intelligence and reliablity.
Recorded Solo Songs
|Recorded Solo Songs|
|Echoes My Note||Solo song||THE IDOLM@STER SideM ORIGIN@L PIECES 02|
|Tone's Destiny||Rei Kagura Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER SideM 3rd ANNIVERSARY SOLO COLLECTION 01|
|POKER FAITH||Kagura Rei Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER SideM WakeMini! SOLO COLLECTION 03 INTELLIGENCE Ver.|
Recorded Group Songs
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Rei, Ren Kizaki, and Shiki Iseya are good friends. They first interacted in the White Day 2016 event, and as seen in Rei's offshot card, regularly hang out together since then.
- In SideM's Tales franchise collaboration event, he cosplays as Leon Magnus (true name: Emilio Katrea) from Tales of Destiny.
- He adores his pet golden retriever very strongly. They occasionally sing together when Rei practices singing at home. He loves animals in general and has been seen admiring horses, doting on cats, and caring for dogs.
- Rei has an older sister who plays the cello, and he himself was raised from the music family. She goes overseas and sends him presents of hand creams every so often.
- He is similar to Serika Hakozaki, both are very awkward and have a sheltered life prior their idolhood.
- When in group fanworks, Rei tends to be grouped together with more slender and androgynous looking boys such as Pierre, or crossdressing boys like Saki Mizushima.