|iM@S CG character data|
Riamu Yumemi (夢見りあむ Yumemi Riamu) is one of the idols available in THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls. She was the third of seven new idols introduced in THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls following the 7th anniversary of the game. She is currently unvoiced.
"Haa, I'm super ill! On the outside, I might look crazy healthy, but the truth is I'm a late teenager with a heart of glass! Filled with the desire to give up on school! That's me, Riamu-chan!! If I become an idol, it'd be my chance to do that!? Right!?"
Neurotic and contradictory, Riamu is a follower of the Menhera subculture and an idol otaku. Riamu makes the decision to become an idol due to her desire to quit school and as an attempt to turn her life around since Riamu fears aging out of her teenage years and feels she has hit a dead end in life. Riamu uses the catchphrase yamu ("I'm so sick"), and frequently makes references to the fact that she is lonely and depressed, as well as desperate for any kind of attention. Riamu seems to have incredibly low self-esteem and does not see herself as having any good points.
Riamu utilizes a lot of current otaku internet slang, primarily from Twitter. Riamu is terrified of being hated and begs her fans to be nothing but kind to her, but at the same time states that she doesn't care if she causes controversy as long as she gets attention and sells. Riamu's Valentine's Day 2019 lines imply that she thinks people coming to hate her in something inevitable, so she wants to receive as much love and attention as she can from them before it happens.
Riamu seems generally distrustful of idol otaku, despite being one herself, stating that she doesn't trust otaku who change the idol they support, and that she only has faith in otaku who attend events and concerts in person. She seems suspicious of idol otaku who claim to support every idol in a group (known as daredemo daisuki or DD), because she does not believe they will actually pay attention to Riamu herself. It can be inferred that these attitudes likely stem from Riamu's low self-esteem and her desire for her fan's undivided attention and support.
Trivia & Fan Culture
- Riamu uses the first person pronoun boku, same as fellow Cinderella Girls idols Sachiko Koshimizu and Asuka Ninomiya.
- Riamu refers to Producer as "P-sama".
- While her bust size is only listed as "huge" in her profile, in a card line she claims it's 95 cm.
- Riamu seems to enjoy gyoza, mentioning that she is going to have one-person gyoza party at her house in a LIVE battle line and also giving homemade gyoza as one of her Valentine's 2019 gifts.
- Riamu's hometown being "A kind world" is a reference to the fact "Together let's make a kind world" is a phrase frequently said by Japanese SNS users who simply avoid topics they dislike and do not want to get into online arguments or drama, and encourage others to do the same.
- In a card line Riamu says that she wants people to only use sweet words, as if they are throwing marshmallows, which is a reference to the Japanese Marshmallow, Twitter application that allows users to send anonymous messages, but filters out those that are rude or insulting.
- As they are both Passion idols with a cute aesthetic and a sometimes grim outlook on life, Riamu has been heavily associated with Shin Sato in fanart, with works often portraying Shin taking a mentor role and giving Riamu encouragement.