|General Unit Data|
riola is a unit that officially debuted in the game, THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars. It features the former idols Reiko Ozaki and Satomi Kondou.
In the range of 5 to 7 years before the events of Dearly Stars, a unit was created by a small agency. Under the name riola, Reiko Ozaki and Satomi Kondou performed as an F Rank idol unit. Their image was based on Reiko's long hair and Satomi's then short hair. They performed at smaller events, and were actually seen at a rooftop live by Ami Futami and Mami Futami. The unit performed their best, despite the fact that several other idols were abandoning their agency and slander for the president was building up online. Eventually, riola was the only idol unit left at their agency. The slander then spilled onto the group and became so intense that the unit was forced to cease activities and disband. The son of Yukio Igarashi was the president at the time, and he then had to file for bankruptcy.
Legend Surrounding riola
The online slurs and recent bankruptcy caused several rumors to show up. The most famous tale, the one that influenced Eri Mizutani's life majorly, took place in the original 765 Production building. In the past, the building also housed riola's agency before it went under. The younger idols were told rumors that their president had destroyed the company through his gambling habits and crazy love life, and that an idol had committed suicide within the building.
The members of riola both went their separate ways, but did stay in touch. Satomi Kondou went on to live a normal life, having now grown her hair out and reminiscing on the fun they had as riola. In THE iDOLM@STER Innocent Blue for Dearly Stars, she is revealed to be about 25 years old. Reiko Ozaki, however, took great lengths to hide her past. She developed a hated for the residents of the internet and sought to keep Eri Mizutani from falling into the hands of viewers as she did. Reiko became a freelance producer and signed on Eri as member of 876 Production. It is later revealed that Yukio Igarashi is trying to get Eri out of the Idol Extreme competition in order to somehow right what he believes his son did wrong. In fact, he actually formally apologizes to Reiko for disrupting Eri's work.
- THE iDOLM@STER (Arcade) - riola was programmed into the game as an NPC rival unit before the game was shut down. They were ranked an "F Rank" unit, had an image level of 4, and specialized in Vocals. Their Producer was "IgarashiP" (五十嵐 P). They were based in "Hokkaido / Game Plaza Tokachi" (北海道 ／ ゲーム プラザ とかち).
- THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars - The aftermath of riola plays a major part in Eri Mizutani's storyline.
- THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL - riola appears as a rival unit in the A1 Rank Up Festival, where they display the skill, 予知夢の向こう側 (The Other Side of Precognitive Dreams), which continuously reduces the player's appeal interest rate while bursting.
- Precog's lyrics were created by riola and the melody was added by Eri Mizutani.
- riola is noted to be a foreign name, which the 765 and 876 idols find unusual.
- It is hinted that Mai Hidaka was currently in stardom while the events of riola's production and slander were taking place.