THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE
THE iDOLM@STER MOVIE was announced on February 9th, 2013 at THE IDOLM@STER MUSIC FESTIV@L OF WINTER!! event. It was revealed that production on an anime film was green-lit. Not long after, a release date of January 25, 2014 was approved. On November 2, 2013, seven girls from THE iDOLM@STER: Million Live! were announced to make guest appearances in the movie.
The film's staff is the same as that from THE iDOLM@STER (anime), including the anime studio A-1 Pictures, writers Atsushi Nishigori and Tatsuya Takahashi, and director/character designer Atsushi Nishigori.
THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e!
After the events of their New Year's Live, 765 Production has been racing to popularity. Within a season, all of the idols have managed to have successful careers. Haruka Amami won an "iDOL AWARD", Chihaya Kisaragi is about to begin a singing career abroad in New York, and Miki Hoshii has been given a part in a movie production in Hollywood.
765PRO collectively decides that all of the idols are in need of a new step, and comes up with a plan for an "Arena Live". Haruka is given the task of being the leader of the event, and at President Takagi's suggestion several new girls from an idol training school are added in as backup dancers. Hoping to gain some stage experience, the rookie idols participate in a training camp along with their senior idols.
At first things appear to be fine at the training camp, until one by one the concert begins to fall apart. First, aspiring idol, backup dancer, and fan of Haruka, Kana Yabuki loses all confidence and stops coming to practice. Then, 765PRO's Producer tells the team that after the concert, he will be going abroad to America for a year to study about being a better Producer. In addition, Miki will soon be leaving for Hollywood to film, while Chihaya is going abroad for her international debut. In the face of all these barriers, Haruka wavers on her position as leader.
Haruka must stand up, and gather all the idols together once again for the greatest concert they've ever performed.
- M@STERPIECE (Main Theme Song)
- Nijiiro Miracle (虹色ミラクル Rainbow Colored Miracle) (Ending Song)
- Ramune-iro Seishun (ラムネ色 青春 Ramune-Colored Youth)
- Kimi ga Erabu Michi (君が選ぶ道 The Path you Choose) (Insert Song by Kotori Otonashi)
- Fate of the World (Insert Song by Haruka Amami, Chihaya Kisaragi, and Miki Hoshii, THE SLEEPiNG BE@UTY Main Theme Song)
- Nemurihime (眠り姫 Sleeping Beauty) (Cameo by Chihaya Kisaragi, THE SLEEPiNG BE@UTY Insert Song)
- THE IDOLM@STER (Insert song by: )
- shiny smile (Cameo by: Haruka Amami and Hibiki Ganaha)
- GO MY WAY!! (Insert song by: )
- MUSIC♪ (Insert song by Haruka Amami, Chihaya Kisaragi, and Azusa Miura)
- While not featured during the movie, Rin Shibuya, Kotoha Tanaka, Matsuri Tokugawa, Emily Stewart, and Fuka Toyokawa makes a cameo appearances as a passerbys in the ending credits. This creates the possibility that both Million Live! and Cinderella Girls take place within the same universe.
- THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 01『Thank You!』 makes an appearance in a train with the subtitle "MILLIONSTARS". This could suggest than 765 Production idols have already met other Million Live! idols.
- 876 Production's Ai Hidaka, Eri Mizutani, and Ryo Akizuki make cameo appearances within the movie, as a poster set in Kana Yabuki's bedroom and in several promotional posters around Japan in the movie. Shinkan Shoujo, a rival unit in THE iDOLM@STER anime, can also be found in posters throughout the movie.
- The movie's subtitle, "Kagayaki no Mukougawa e!", currently has two official translations. Before its Blu-Ray release, the English words "To the Other Side of the Sparkle!" were included in promotions for the movie. Upon the movie's release, the subtitle was changed to "Beyond the Brilliant Future!" on the artwork for the disk case.