THE iDOLM@STER: SideM (anime)
|THE iDOLM@STER: SideM (anime)|
THE iDOLM@STER: SideM is an animated adaptation of the mobile game THE iDOLM@STER: SideM, following the stories of the male idols of 315 Production. It was initially announced at THE IDOLM@STER SideM 2nd STAGE ~ORIGIN@L STARS~ on February 12th, 2017. The anime began broadcasting on October 7th, 2017 on TOKYO MX, ABC Asahi Broadcasting, Nagoya TV, BS11, and others. It also streamed on Bandai Channel, Animate Channel, NicoNico, and others. A prologue episode featuring Jupiter aired a week before the show's premiere on September 30th.
The anime's focus is only on six of the groups: DRAMATIC STARS, Jupiter, Beit, S.E.M, High×Joker, and W. The rest of the idol groups that appear in the game only make cameos throughout the episodes, as none of them have joined 315 in that continuity yet.
All subbed episodes can be watched for free, legally on www.crunchyroll.com.
- Jupiter has been doing reasonably well for themselves after the trio broke off from 961 Productions, though they have to make do with volunteer crew members and a small venue. They've been hounded by producers from different studios, and have turned every single one down. Before one performance, a man representing the upstart company 315 Productions comes to talk with them. He introduces himself as Takashi Saito, then asks them to join. They decline, but Saito doesn't give up on them just yet: no matter where the group goes, Saito always finds a way there and asks them, even going as far as disguising as volunteer staff. The group eventually has a discussion about it and their growing audience at Touma's house. After another concert, the group is confronted by Saito again and he makes his offer. Saito tells them they're forgetting the most important thing about their careers during their discussion before leaving. When the boys look out their window, they see a large group of confused fans standing outside the venue, wondering if they'll get to meet Jupiter despite the earlier warnings that they should leave after the concert ends. They then realize that there was too big a crowd for everyone to hear the warning, much less enter the venue. As they consider their options, they run into Haruka Amami, who is looking somewhat worried. Her production group is about to stage a huge concert, and Touma makes sure to tell her that they aren't going to lose to 765 despite starting over. The group manages to get tickets and attend thanks to their conversation with her, which sparked a renewed interest in keeping their fans happy. After one last independent performance, Jupiter signs onto 315 Productions and meets their juniors, Teru Tendo, Kaoru Sakuraba, and Tsubasa Kashiwagi.
- Teru Tendo, a struggling independent lawyer, wakes up from a hangover, noticing a contract and a business card for an idol agency on the table before him. When he follows the address to understand what's going on, he learns from the secretary there that a producer scouted him and signed him onto the company. The Producer tells Teru that he was moved by Teru's ability to sort out an escalating bar fight and talk to the businessman that started it, eventually striking up a conversation with Teru afterward. He even drunkenly typed the contract before the producer left. He meets other recruits Tsubasa Kashiwagi and Kaoru Sakuraba, who are then grouped together to form a unit. Despite Kaoru's harsh criticisms, the group continues to train for their first concert, with Kaoru noticeably lagging behind. One day, Teru stumbles upon Kaoru training alone to near-exhaustion; he and Tsubasa decide to train with Kaoru together in order to stay better in sync. The group succeeds, but their trainer notes they have a long way to go. The Producer decides to show them their group name to celebrate: a banner with the name DRAMATIC STARS written on it. They agree to work together from then on. Over time, they continue to perfect their skills, meet the newly-recruited Jupiter, and soon are introduced to a multitude of people recruited over the time the two groups were trying to establish themselves.
- With the new recruits integrated into 315 Productions' repertoire, Saito decides to get promotional pictures taken of them. Their photos are haphazard and lacking in theme, much to their chagrin. The Producer asks the new groups what sort of themes they were going for in their group photos, and Teru asks the Producer to let them figure it out for themselves. Later, 315 Productions is about to put on its first concert featuring Jupiter. When a typhoon threatens the crew members' arrival, the rest of the idols pull together to work as a makeshift crew for the trio's debut. They succeed, and the concert goes on without a problem. Ken and the Producer look back on the event with a smile as they admire the groups' retaken photos, now fully showing the themes they wanted to bring out.
- 315 Productions is about to stage a concert for DRAMATIC STARS. Tsubasa's dream of the perfect view is brought up and shown to be the reason why he became an idol. During one rehearsal for their show, Tsubasa comes to a panicked halt; he remembers his failed first outing as a pilot and comes to a mental realization that his time as an idol may come to the same end. Dejected, he is nearly on the verge of dropping out of the group and quitting, but his group mates bring him to the spot he liked the most, the fence on the runway of the local airport, and discuss his decision. He reaffirms his passion to be an idol and performs with the rest of DRAMATIC STARS at his most confident, finding the sparkling lights of the crowd are much like the perfect view he wanted to see.
- After filming a promotional video for their former shopping district, Beit catches wind of a festival in the area about to take place. This was done to compete with the Takajo Corporation and their new mall, and the boys agree to it because they care about their old workplaces and don't want to see them close down. Kyoji's past regarding his wealthy family also contributes to his decision, and they are set up as one of the attractions of the festival. While taking in the sights of the festival, Pierre learns about the happi and wants to wear one because he connects the word to "happiness". While going to retrieve a group of happis from a truck, he gets accidentally taken away and driven off; with Minori and Kyoji on the lookout, they find a way to get Pierre back before the performance with a combination of Minori's driving skills and Pierre's phone calls. Once they find him at a truck stop, Kyoji reassures Pierre about the situation, and the three drive back to give a "happi" performance.
05. Teachers, Be Ambitious! (先生よ、大志を抱け！ Sensei yo, Taishi o Idake!?)
06. Victory Chosen by Both (二人が選ぶVictory Futari ga Erabu Victory?)
07. Limit of Youth (青春のリミット Seishun no RIMITTO?)
08. Beach, Training Camp, 315 Summer! (海・合宿・315の夏！ Umi, Gasshuku, 315 no Natsu!?)
09. Over AGAIN...
10. sunset of youth
11. Resolution on a Breezy Day (風薫る日の決意 Kazekaorubi no Ketsui?)
12. No Matter the Reason, No Matter the Dream... (どんな理由(ワケ)も、どんな夢も、、、 Donna Wake mo, Donna Yume mo,,,?)
13. Move Forward Forever and Ever (ずっと、ずっと、その先へ Zutto, Zutto, Sono Saki e?)
SP. 315 Variety Pack! Made In Passion! (315バラエティパック！ Made In Passion！ 315 BARAETI PAKKU! Made In Passion!?)
- Reason!! (Opening theme, Episode 2-12) (sung by: )
- Alice or Guilty (insert) (sung by: Jupiter)
- Koi o Hajimeyou (cameo) (sung by: Jupiter)
- BRAND NEW FIELD (insert) (sung by: Jupiter)
- Beyond The Dream (ending) (sung by: )
- Reason!! (cameo)
- Summertime Graffiti (insert) (sung by: Beit, High×Joker, and W)
- Ryuusei PARADE (ending) (sung by: DRAMATIC STARS, S.E.M, and Jupiter)
- OUR SONG -Sore wa Sekai de Hitotsu Dake- (insert) (sung by: High×Joker)
- Sunset★Colors (ending) (sung by: High×Joker)
- Reason!! (cameo)
- HIGH JUMP NO LIMIT (insert) (sung by: High×Joker)
- ∞ Possibilities (insert) (sung by: S.E.M)
- VICTORY BELIEVER (insert) (sung by: W)
- Smile Engage (insert) (sung by: Beit)
- Planet scape (insert) (sung by: Jupiter)
- DRAMATIC NONFICTION (insert) (sung by: DRAMATIC STARS)
- Reason!! (insert) (sung by: )
- GLORIOUS RO@D (insert) (sung by: )
- DRIVE A LIVE (ending) (sung by: )
- 315 Steelo! (insert) (sung by: Teru Tendo, Pierre, Minori Watanabe, Shiki Iseya, Kyosuke Aoi, Michio Hazama, Haruna Wakazato, and Rui Maita)
- Reason!! (ending) (sung by: )
- Original Work: Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Director: Takahiro Harada (原田孝宏) and Miyuki Kuroki (黒木美幸)
- Series Structure: Yuniko Ayana (綾奈ゆにこ) and Yukie Sugawara (菅原雪絵)
- Character Design: Yuusuke Tanaka (田中裕介) and Haruko Iizuka (飯塚晴子)
- Chief Animation Director: Yuusuke Tanaka (田中裕介) and Maho Yoshikawa (吉川真帆)
- Color Design: Asuka Yokota (横田明日香)
- Art Design: Kazushi Fujii (藤井一志)
- Art Director: Hisayo Usui (薄井久代)
- 3D Director: Akira Fukuda (福田 陽)
- Cinematographer: Yukiko Nagase (長瀬由起子)
- Editing: Akinori Mishima (三嶋章紀)
- Music: EFFY
- Sound Director: Takatoshi Hamano (濱野髙年)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures
- DRAMATIC STARS: Teru Tendo (CV: Shuugo Nakamura), Kaoru Sakuraba (CV: Yuuma Uchida), and Tsubasa Kashiwagi (CV: Taku Yashiro)
- Beit: Kyoji Takajo (CV: Yuichiro Umehara), Pierre (CV: Shun Horie), and Minori Watanabe (CV: Tomohito Takatsuka)
- S.E.M: Michio Hazama (CV: Kento Itou), Rui Maita (CV: Junya Enoki), and Jiro Yamashita (CV: Yoshiki Nakajima)
- High×Joker: Shiki Iseya (CV: Shou Nogami), Hayato Akiyama (CV: Shouya Chiba), Haruna Wakazato (CV: Yuusuke Shirai), Jun Fuyumi (CV: Takuma Nagatsuka), and Natsuki Sakaki (CV: Hiroshi Watanabe)
- W: Kyosuke Aoi (CV: Yoshitaka Yamaya) and Yusuke Aoi (CV: Takeru Kikuchi)
- Jupiter: Touma Amagase (CV: Takuma Terashima), Hokuto Ijuuin (CV: Daichi Kanbara), and Shouta Mitarai (CV: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka)
- Others: Takashi Saito (CV: Fumihiko Tashiki), Ken Yamamura (CV: Kengo Kawanishi), Producer (CV: Kaito Ishikawa)
Key art for Beit
Key art for S.E.M
Key art for High×Joker
Key art for W
Key art for DRAMATIC STARS
Key art for Jupiter