|SideM character data|
Kind and generous to a fault, Yukihiro is a young gentleman who thrives off the happiness of others. He strives for a “one good deed a day” lifestyle, the smiles of others fueling him in everything he does from his work at his own cafe, Café Parade, to his idol work with the unit of the same name. Though he’s aware some might find it silly, Yukihiro’s dream is to make the whole world smile and he’s very serious about this. He also wants people to know that though life has many ups and downs they don’t have to shoulder their struggles alone, and hopes he can act as a beacon of hope to those out there who need it. Yukihiro rarely gets angry, as shown in his “Milky Way Live” magazine when he poked Asselin on the nose when he mistook a bamboo shoot with tanzaku attached for a wicked sword. Afterwards, Soichiro commented that it was unusual for Yukihiro to look so angry, and he said it was just because he wanted to protect everyone’s wishes.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Yukihiro is also rather airheaded. He is terrible at studying to the point of saying that his special skill is “falling asleep in three minutes while reading”. His favourite hobby is travelling, but he ironically has a terrible sense of direction and is constantly getting lost, to the point that during the “Welcome Café Parade!” event that took place in Hong Kong, Soichiro had a thought of attaching a GPS to him. This part of his nature also makes him a little too trusting for his own good; in his magazine for the “Space Stars Festa” event it was revealed that he possibly met aliens while he was travelling through New Mexico and he seems largely unconcerned by it, even purchasing an alien statue to remember the kindness they supposedly showed him.
Yukihiro is bad at dealing with scary things. Soichiro was constantly teasing and scaring him in the “Hair-raising Test of Courage” event, leaving him wanting to go home before they even got to the filming site. Yukihiro briefly forgot his own fears in order to search for Satan when he got lost in “Long Night ~Hotel of Nightmares”, and aimed to get Soichiro back for constantly scaring him. However, Soichiro managed to scare him twice, making him scream loud enough that he was heard from the other side of the hotel set.
Yukihiro comes from a strict, non-traditional family; his father was a university professor and he simply describes his mother as “a very enthusiastic person”. In his Childrens’ Day 2018 line from the Mobage, Yukihiro says he never got to celebrate the holiday at his house and enjoys hearing stories from people about their celebrations these days. His relationship with his parents soured as he got older as they were unsupportive of his dream of travelling the world.
Yukihiro met Soichiro Shinonome in high school and the two become best friends. The boys homeroom teacher, Hirosawa, was surprised that Yukihiro was popular despite his poor grades, and Yukihiro and Soichiro’s friendship was considered even more odd due to Yukihiro’s relative popularity and bad grades and Soichiro doing quite well in his classes. As shown in “Year End Live 2015>2016”, Yukihiro seems to believe that his parents hated him and so, after graduating, he ran away from home in an act of rebellion and soon after left on the world trip he had been dreaming of.
While he was on his trip he went to Mexico and fell in love with the country, and it became his favourite destination. He was, unfortunately, also the victim of a robbery and was left to die in the desert after having everything he had taken from him. Yukihiro was certain he would die until a kind stranger rescued him and brought him to his diner. The wonderful atmosphere and food at the diner helped Yukihiro realise a new dream; he wanted to open his own café. He went to England to study the art of tea-making and sent a letter to Soichiro back in Japan, inviting him to join him in his new venture. Thus, the two of them opened Café Parade together with the goal of spreading that happy atmosphere Yukihiro had felt in the friendly strangers’ diner.
Shortly after, Asselin, Makio, and Saki all joined the staff of the café, and the group all became very close. In “Long Night ~Hotel of Nightmares~” Yukihiro vows that as long as he is around Café Parade (the group and their bond, not just the unit or shop) will not go anywhere. Yukihiro and the group were scouted by the Producer for their individual personalities and dazzling smiles. Yukihiro decided that this was a great opportunity to achieve his dream of making the world smile, and after discussing it with his friends they all agreed to join 315 PRODUCTIONS.
Recorded Solo Songs
|Recorded Solo Songs|
|A CUP OF HAPPINESS||Solo Song||THE IDOLM@STER SideM ORIGIN@L PIECES 07|
|Reversed Masquerade||Yukihiro Kamiya Solo Remix||THE IDOLM@STER SideM 3rd ANNIVERSARY SOLO COLLECTION 01|
Recorded Group Songs
Trivia and Fan Culture
- Yukihiro’s favorite place to travel is Mexico, he often brings it up in conversations.
- Yukihiro has the highest tolerance for Asselin BB II's odd behavior and, as revealed in Asselin’s Idols’ Day Off SR, they live together.
- Asselin occasionally refers to Yukihiro as “Dark Duke Vepar”. In demonology, Vepar is a vicious sea demon that can putrify wounds. Outside of battle however Vepar is said to be good at helping people understand their feelings and emotions and to make them feel safe.
- Yukihiro is an only-child.
- Soichiro and Makio have both compared Yukihiro to a puppy due to his tendency to get lost.
- Yukihiro refers to every member of Café Parade by their first names except Soichiro; this was addressed in a 1koma from the Mobage, and it’s because the two of them have referred to each other by last names since high school and it would feel odd to change now. Yukihiro tries to use Soichiro’s first name but they both agree that it’s too awkward and continue going by last names.
- In his Tanabata 2018 line for Live on St@ge! Yukihiro says his wish was for everyone else’s wishes to come true.
- He is sometimes depicted in fanworks with Azusa Miura, whose sense of direction is as bad as his.
- He is also sometimes depicted with Nao Kamiya, due to having the same surname(the kanji matches up).